As part of every new Scorelink setup we will provide you with 2 hours of basic training included in the fees. Once the setup has been completed we will get in touch to schedule your training at a convenient time. You also have access to our comprehensive help centre (which you are already on) for up-to-date articles and guides to using Scorelink.
However, sometimes you might need a bit of extra training just to hit the ground running. This could be because:
- there are new teachers at the school who haven’t used Scorelink before
- there has been a change of leadership team, so the new team need some training on how to manage tests and benchmarks effectively
- everyone has had a lot of fun over the holidays and forgotten how to use Scorelink (this does happen!)
- you want your staff to dig deeper and use some of the more advanced tools
No matter what your reasons are, we have a few different additional training options that might suit your school.
If you’ve had new staff start at your school, or you need to give your existing staff a bit of a reboot, we can come out and conduct a staff refresher session. We would come out on-site and work with your staff to cover the basics, including the following concepts:
- navigating Scorelink and the interface
- entering and editing data
- retrieving data through various reports and formats
- exporting data to PDF and Microsoft Excel
- tips to use Scorelink effectively in the classroom
Duration: 1 hour
Cost: $150 + GST
Leaders have a variety of additional roles and responsibilities in Scorelink, including the configuration of tests and benchmarks. Some of the concepts are new and can be confusing, so we can work with your leadership team in an intimate one-on-one environment to answer any questions and go through the following concepts:
- exploring the text catalogue and new tests in Scorelink
- understanding benchmarks and how to set them
- understanding the different score types, and which one to use
- data import and export for PAT and NAPLAN data
Duration: 1 hour
Cost: $150 + GST
If you never really hit the ground running and Scorelink is sitting unused in a dark corner then it’s time to dust it off and get cracking. We can combine the above two basic sessions together at a bit of a discount, but they need to be scheduled back-to-back. This is a good intensive way to get everyone up to speed as quickly as possible.
Duration: 2 hours (back-to-back)
Cost: $275 + GST
If you’ve mastered the basics but have questions around specifics concepts or ideas then we can conduct a training session on anything you would like related to Scorelink – you drive the content, but we will provide the expertise to you on-site. Some examples of things you might want to include in a custom training session are:
- a deeper look at the numerous reports and graphs, with tips and advice on how to use each one effectively
- a discussion about other tests in our catalogue and whether they would be a good fit for your site
- a Q&A session with leaders and/or staff to address specific questions about Scorelink and how to use it
- how to export data to Excel and manipulate it further
- where and how to benchmark to track student growth effectively and meaningfully
- any other ideas you might have!
Duration: minimum of 1 hour, with half-hour increments thereafter
Cost: $150 + GST per hour
Where possible we try and include our travel time and expenses, but it’s impossible to factor in all of that time and be fair to everyone. Therefore we’ve included one hour (total) of travel time in our fees, which gets us to most places and back. If you’re a bit further away any additional distance is charged at $70 + GST per hour for any time beyond the included hour. If you’d like to know upfront what this fee may be, either ask us the question, or hop on Google maps and chart the distance to/from our offices to get an idea.
Note: travel time is calculated originating from our offices in Mawson Lakes where we are based, as the origin and destination.
How to book?
To book in your training you’ll need to get in touch with a member of our training team to set up a time. You can do this via one of the following methods:
- if you know who you want as your trainer (from a previous training session) you can email them directly
- if you don’t know who you want, or you don’t know their details, email email@example.com and one of our trainers will be in touch
- alternatively you can phone the office on 08-8009-0009 and follow the prompts to training to be connected to a trainer directly
Please bear in mind that desired training slots (such as after-school in staff meeting times during school term) do book up quite quickly: we will try and accommodate as best we can, but please get in early to avoid disappointment if we are already committed elsewhere.