Updating Links in EDLINK
EDSAS is the system that DECD schools use to manage their student data, and this is maintained by a dedicated team within the DECD infrastructure. There is an additional tool written and maintained by DECD called EDLINK that enables schools to get access to the data stored within EDSAS for use with other systems. Periodically DECD release updates to the EDSAS system; when these are installed a side-effect is that it temporarily stops EDLINK from working. The following steps should be followed immediately after the EDSAS update is installed for minimum disruption. The relinking process requires all users to be logged out of EDSAS, so immediately after an update is the ideal time to do so.
How to Re-link EDLINK
Before you begin it is important to ensure that all users are logged out of EDSAS
1. Log in to an admin computer using the Manager account.
2. Open up My Computer and navigate to the K:\ drive.
3. Locate and open up the EDLINK folder.
4. Locate and open the file called EDLINK2015.mdb.
5. If you are presented with a screen entitled EDLINK – Main Report Choice Form then this procedure has already been carried out and you should not continue with these steps.
6. If you are presented with a screen entitled Update EDSAS Links then click the button labelled Update Links. The linking process could take between 2 and 10 minutes, so please be patient.
7. Once completed you will be presented with a screen entitled EDLINK – Main Report Choice Form. The links have now been updated.