Installing Scorelink from supplied media
This is a brief overview of what needs to be done when installing Scorelink at your site. If you feel comfortable with the process please proceed and complete the install, if not email email@example.com to book in a time for a technician to call you and help you with the process.
- Plug the Scorelink USB into your server and extract the virtual hard disk files using 7zip provided on the drive. Create a folder named Scorelink on your data drive where you store your virtual machines and then copy the virtual hard disk files to it.
- Create a new virtual machine with the required hardware specifications utilising the preconfigured virtual hard disk files copied in the previous steps.
Virtual Hardware Specifications
Minimum Specifications Recommended Specifications CPU = 1 vCPU Core CPU = 2 vCPU Cores RAM = 2046MB RAM = 4096MB Network = Curriculum Network Network = Curriculum Network
- Start the Scorelink virtual machine and wait for the login screen to be displayed. Log in with:
Username: Site User
- Set the static IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS server details of the Scorelink Server that was provided in the tech survey as part of the order process.
- Ensure the Network Profile has been set to Private by opening Local Security Policies from the desktop > Network List Manager Policies > Ethernet Adapter (Network X)> Network Location Tab > Set Network Location to Private
- While logged into the Scorelink virtual machine, Open Google Chrome and navigate to http://scorelink/tools/setup
- The Scorelink Setup page will be displayed. Fill in the requested details and click Complete Setup button to create your admin account. An invitation will be sent to the email specified with instructions on how to activate your admin account to manage the system.
- Once the server has been created and setup complete you will need to import class details from EDSAS. Please follow the help guide provided.