Setting up a test
Scorelink has over 140 tests, but most schools will only want to use a fraction of these. By default all tests are disabled, and sites can enable just the tests they need so they don’t over-complicate things for teachers. This guide walks you through enabling a test for the first time so you can create benchmarks and start entering data.
- Click on the Tests button on the top menu (looks like an open book)
- Locate the test you want to enable by looking down the list or using the filters panel. Once you’ve found the test, click the View button in the same row to open up the Test Details
- In the left panel you will see a section marked Score Types that lists the available score types for this test, along with the minimum and maximum value for each type. You can only logically benchmark a single score type, so you need to decide which score type you will enter data for and set benchmarks against
- Once you’ve decided you need to set that score type as the Primary Type: underneath the score types there will be a dropdown list where you can select the type you want, and click Set Primary Type
- Now that you’ve chosen a primary type you can enable the test: click the blue Enable button and you will see the red Disabled badge switch to a green Enabled badge
- This test is now enabled and will appear in data-entry pages and reports once you have entered some data. Next you should create and set the benchmarks for this test, so see the Creating new benchmarks and Setting up benchmarks guides for more information.