PAT data export
PAT Data collected via the online ACER testing tool ‘OARS’ can be downloaded in the form of an Excel spreadsheet; these spreadsheets, if in the correct format, can be uploaded into Scorelink, please view the PAT data import for further guidance. If you do not manage the OARS website please seek guidance from the staff member onsite who does, as it is necessary to know what cohort of students undertook which test.
- Log in to OARS using your login details via the OARS website (Provided by Acer)
- Navigate to reports
- Select the test you wish to export and then click Group Report
- Select the test, then the form for the particular year level you wish to export (for Year 3 choose Form 3, for Year 4 choose Form 4 etc.)
- Select a relevant date range to return your required data (in what month did your students perform the test?)
- Select the year level who sat this test form
- Leave the tags field unchanged and click Generate Report.
Note: If you selected the correct year level, date range and form your report should load. If you find that no results are loaded please check your date range or speak to your Acer OARS manager onsite for the correct details.
- Once the data grid is displayed, select the correct year level from the “COMPARING STUDENT RESULTS TO” drop down box next to the “DOWNLOAD” button
- Click the Download button and select “Table (Excel file)”
- Ensure all the boxes are ticked on the “DOWNLOAD TABLE” popup window and click “Export Report”
Note: It is important that included in the report are the following columns so that our import function can match the PAT results into the appropriate student records: Unique Id, Username, DOB, Gender, Given Name, Family Name
- Click “Download File” at the next prompt. This will create an Excel spreadsheet minimised in the bottom corner of your screen. Click to open it and save it in a location where you can find it later.
Note: The Excel file may be in protected view. You will need to unprotect it before it will allow you to save.
Repeat steps 2 to 11 for every other OARS spreadsheet you wish to create. Typically you will need to do one export per year level per test. Keep all the exported files in the same easy-to-access folder, and refer to the guide “PAT Import” for information on uploading the files into Scorelink.
- Exporting staff details from LearnLink
- Configure the extractor – Server Schools
- NAPLAN 2023 Import
- Updating Links in EDLINK
- NAPLAN 2023 Export DfE
- Importing student photos
- EDSAS and EDLINK
- Troubleshooting issues with Scorelink data not matching up with EDSAS
- Cloud Agent Install
- Updating your student and class Cloud Data