Channel: cloud only
Status: released on 31/05/2016
Notes: this is a rollover patch containing a few items that we missed in the 4.1 update, and addressing any follow-on bugs that have arisen due to the new features or additions.
An addition is something new that may have been added to an existing page or feature, but isn’t really major enough to be classified as a feature on its own. These are still new inclusions to Scorelink.
- Added an “Invitation Results” view to show what invitations were sent, and any issues that may have arisen; this is an improvement over the old process which would just give a blanket “success” or “failure” alert, without specifics
A tweak is just a minor or slight adjustment to how something works: adjusted a default sort order, or reformatting how some text is displayed. You may not even notice these changes, but they are still important to us.
- Added additional UI (user interface – basically how Scorelink looks and feels) feedback on changing a password, to confirm that it worked correctly – previously there were no notifications of success, making it hard to tell if the change worked or not
- Added a CTRL+ENTER shortcut when entering notes to submit the note, making the process a little more intuitive
- Fixed the leftmost column(s) and topmost row(s) in the Data Grid to make scrolling large data-sets easier; this was deferred from Update 4.1
- Adjusted the UI on the Staff Import page to use a new draft wizard process, which is a bit neater and tidier than the old expanding panel wizards. If this is successful we will then be migrating all existing wizard pages to this new format
- Fixed up the styling and layout in the new Test Data Grid
- Adjusted the Student Details panel to show the student’s Unique ID rather than their enrolment ID, as this is now in the Enrolments page
- Removed the NEP system tag as it is not currently mapped in from any external data sources. In sites using this tag, it has been converted to a custom tag instead
- Adjusted the Staff Import process to use a new file format, which is a generic Excel template specific to Scorelink imports: this replaces support for the old Learnlink Site Report. Users will now need to download the Scorelink Import template from the Import page and copy in the data from the Learnlink report, and then import it. This is to help support non-DECD sites that do not have access to DECD-specific report formats
- Adjusted several of the anonymous login pages (such as resetting your password or accepting an invitation) to use the new floating layout and make the navigation less confusing
- Removed the old browser name and version from the footer panel, as it was causing confusion when reporting incorrectly in Microsoft Edge browser
- Refactored (read: nerdy code stuff) a bunch of back-end code to improve performance and squash bugs
A bug is an unexpected or unintended deviation from the way something should work. Bugs are always unintentional, and usually present through an error of some kind. We aim to resolve this swiftly and decisively as they can cause a negative user experience. All bugs are listed as how they presented when they were active, but all have now been corrected.
- Incorrectly matching email addresses case-sensitively, causing a mismatch on password reset requests if capitalization was inconsistent. This is now fixed, so password resets will work nO mATtEr hOw MaNY CapItALs YoU INclUdE
- Student image import process was failing due to some database adjustments to do with multiple enrolments for students
- Listed benchmarks in the Student Scores index below the new Single Test Progression graph did not agree with the graph itself, due to an offsetting error
- Default sort order of Single Test Progression was incorrect; this has now been changed to Ascending (oldest -> newest)
- For extremely long notes the notes index was overflowing to the right, producing a very long horizontal scroll bar. Notes will now wrap to additional lines where required
- “Next” and “Prev” text buttons on the datepicker (to navigate forward and backward a month at a time) were not displaying, but were still clickable; now they show correctly once more
- Exporting of PDFs was broken due to a missing code library, which has now been restored
- Creating a benchmark for “All Students” threw up a nasty error, which is now fixed
Status: not released
Channel: cloud only
- added account lockout after multiple failed attempts to prevent brute-force password attacks. After 3 failed attempts the user account will lock for 20 minutes; entering a correct password after 1 or 2 failed attempts will reset the attempt count for future attempts. The attempt count will only be reset by a successful login, so 2 failed attempts then a later retry (after more than 20 minutes) will still cause account locking.
Channel: cloud only
- added a draft two-factor authentication challenge (using Google Authenticator) for internal testing; once approved this will be made available to current pilot users
- updated the Login button on the Scorelink website to redirect to the cloud login page, instead of the “coming soon” page
- adjusted the display text on the cloud login screen to indicate that it’s for cloud-only schools, with a link to the server login page for server schools
- fixed a bug causing multiple teachers to appear on the same line in Class Details (rather than separate lines); this is now fixed
- added additional security for Hypercore privileged system accounts to restrict access